1. We will not collect or store any of your, or your customers, personal information unless it is permitted or required by applicable law.
2. Any personal information we hold or process will be kept up-to-date, and destroyed as soon as the reason for its collection or processing has lapsed.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services. The data we collect can help us in simple ways, such as having a contact phone number to communicate an issue with your order, as well as more complex ways, such as helping us identify any difficulties when using our website, or helping us determine which new products our customers would like to buy from us. Below we have listed full details on the information we collect, why we collect it, and the ways we use it.
When you place an order with us, we collect personal information which allows us to process your purchase. We collect your name and address to identify you as a customer and deliver the item to you. We collect your email and telephone number to send you notifications on the status of your order, including any issues or delays with delivery, and we collect payment information to allow us to process your payment. We also retain your artwork to allow you to easily and quickly reorder items.
Where we have your permission, we will use your e-mail address to provide you with information on our products, services, promotions and special offers.
If you supply your email address, even if you do not place an order with us, we may pass your email to a third-party organisation, for example digital advertising networks such as Google and Facebook, to offer you the opportunity to purchase from us. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose and will not be held on file by ourselves or any third-parties after the reason for collecting it has lapsed.
We will at times monitor and record communications between you and our Customer Success Team (including telephone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
We also store personally identifiable information to ensure a fair use policy, for example to monitor one-time use discount codes.
We collect data on purchases made with us for marketing purposes, such as market analysis, customer segmenting, and conducting research on statistical and testing information. We use this data to provide custom content that you are likely to find more interesting.
Information that is made available to third parties outside the European Union and Switzerland, including Cimpress group companies, only if such recipients that have agreed to comply with standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data as included in the EU Commission Decision of 5 February 2010 (2010/87/EC) if they are in countries that do not have an adequate level of personal data protection.
You have the right to:
• Access your information
• Unsubscribe from our mailing list or withdraw any other type of consent
• Request a copy of your personal information that we hold
• Correct or update your information
• Delete your personal information, or restrict how we use your information, unless we are legally obliged not to
• Alter your personal information so you are not identifiable
• Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
For more information on these rights, or to exercise any of them, please contact our Data Protection Officer on [email protected]
You can exercise some of these rights, such as updating personal information, from the Account Settings section, in the My Account area.
Please note, after opting out you may still receive messaging from us that is not based on the data we hold. For example, if you follow our social media accounts, you will continue to receive post updates from us in your newsfeed. You may also continue to receive advertising from us on search engines through pay-per-click and display advertising, as these are not based on data we hold.
We will never sell your details to any third-party organisations.
We will only pass personal data to a third-party organisation in the following situations:
• To offer you the opportunity to purchase from us, for example digital advertising networks such as Google and Facebook.
• To fulfil the delivery of products to you, for example courier companies.
• To process credit or debit card payments, for example banking establishments.